Sunday 25 May 2014

♥ Lollipop.. lollipop.. ohhh lollipop.. lollipop ♥

Firstly.. I just want to get some family stuff out of the way.. so if you come for the fashion and not my deep and meaningful rants (ha, I dunno about deep and meaningful.. but they're often ranty) then you might want to skip to the last two paragraphs. 

Who knew that Second Life could sometimes mirror real life in an eerie way.. for example, my parents in Second Life.. are no longer together. My dad was stupid and hurt my SL mum in the worst way possible.. but I got thinking about this and I then thought  how weird it was that the same thing happened to me in real life when I was a kid. My parents split up.. for oddly similar reasons. I can still remember how awful it was to find out what was going on, the feelings I felt at the time and how it tore everything apart. I feel a bit like it's happening all over again.. but in Second Life.. and there's nothing I can do about it. I hate when things are out of my control.. and I often look for outlets to get things back into my control and they're not always healthy. 

It just made me think about family dynamics really and how powerful they can be.. and when the balance is disrupted how much of a negative impact that can have on the child in the situation. It's hard when you're being pulled in two different directions. It's not my mothers fault at all.. it was totally down to my father in this case. I do, however, find myself pulled and it's hard. I want it so badly to be like how it was, but that will never happen ever again.. and thinking a bit back to real life.. in a way it kind of makes sense the way I behaved then to the news about my parents and in general, which I didn't really think about at the time. 

In essence, looking back, it's not hard to see why I've ended up such a mess in real life. It's a good thing that a lot of the things I went through and the things I did.. aren't easily mimicked in Second Life. I wouldn't want to go that particular route with my Second Life anyway. It's supposed to be an escape from all things real (at least for me) and this is probably the only thing that's happened in Second Life that's really made me feel as confused as real life has. I've often wanted to turn the clock back on my real life.. I've never really had the urge to do that as far as Second Life's been concerned.. until recently. It turns out.. most men in my life have let me down in one way or another, both real and virtually.. maybe it's trying to tell me something.

Anyways.. on to nicer things.. such as this awesome outfit from Baby Pie. I'm a huge Baby Pie fan and the fact that she has her own custom meshes that you can't find anywhere else is a huge perk.. I'm pretty sure I own nearly everything in her store. This outfit is just adorable, she recently released other colours too.. which I promptly snapped up also (no doubt I'll show that off another time) The ice cream from tentacio I just had to have as soon as I saw someone with it when I was shopping at Kustom9. It's so cute!! I'm not sure if you can tell but I even have some ice cream around my face (that didn't come with the ice cream.. but.. I think it was a nice touch) Yes, I'm aware I wear this hairstyle a lot.. but it's one of my top favorite styles.

All The Little Things starts up soon. Don't forget Awwdorable is participating this round and will have two gatchas up for you to hit up. The Arcade is also imminent (beginning of June).. all the previews on flickr have been very exciting. I can't wait to go. I usually go with my mummy but real life she's going away.. sad face.. so I'm going to have to go alone no doubt.

Credits:
Outfit: Baylee ToddleeDoo Complete Outfit from Baby Pie
Hair: Marin Mesh Hair - Blondes pack from Wasabi Pills
Lollipop: Lolly cat toffee from tentacio (Kustom9)
Messy Faces Pack from oh Daises (closed)
Pose: Cheerful - Cheerful 2 (m) from .click.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio