Monday 18 August 2014

♥ Back, but something is missing ♥

*Warning, long post.. skip to credits if you just want the outfit info*

So, I got back from my vacation yesterday. I can tell you straight up that I absolutely loathed the entire experience. 

For starters my cat (yes, I took my cat with me.. don't judge me) wouldn't eat or drink during the day, hid under the bed all day and only came out at night because he was that terrified of being in a different place. I was worried I'd traumatized him for life but as soon as we got back he was strutting around like he owned the place, as if he'd never left.. and back to normal eating and drinking too, so yay. 

Besides my cat being freaked out, the cottage was dirty, which just boggles my mind considering they have two cleaners that clean out the cottages. I would never leave it in that condition for someone else.. the rug was hideous, some animal skin monstrosity.. and it was covered in yuck. Since there was no vacuum we just had to tolerate how disgusting the floor was. The bed was entirely too small, I'm a short 5'4" tall and my feet were over the edge of the bed, my poor fiance is a lot taller than me and was most uncomfortable. He ended up sleeping on the couch one night because of the bed.. and the fact that our cat was crying all night and jumping on us. Love him, but it does grate on you when you're trying to sleep.

There was no curtain in the living area, so everyone could see in. We soon remedied this by hanging one of our cats blankets over the window. We brought a couple of his blankets to protect the furniture, which seems laughable now considering the state of the property. 

The wifi was poo, I could only use facebook.. I tried to log onto Second Life, but everything took forever to load and I was so frustrated that I couldn't do anything that I logged off. There was nothing of interest on the TV really for the week either.. apart from a couple of weather documentaries which were awesome (I'm a bit of a weather enthusiast) 

Anyway, the first night we were there.. we got the awful news regarding Robin Williams. It really shook me up because how much I related to what happened. I won't go into details, but it really affected me.. more than any other celebrity death. I can't stop thinking about it, been playing on my mind ever since the news first broke. It just goes to show you though, no matter how much money, fame, etc you have you still can't get the right mental health treatment to save your life. It saddens me so much as someone who has fought to get treatment. I had a year of people working with me and they just made me worse. I won't say what my issues are, but I will say I too suffer from depression and I'm not ashamed to admit that. Potentially Robin Williams' death could help put mental health issues into the spotlight and show how serious they are.

Anyway, as I was posing for this picture.. in my cute outfit from Heffalumps.. I noticed something eerie. I'm standing next to what I thought was my mummy's complete collection of music boxes from NACH, found at Woodland Treasures.. only it wasn't complete, something is missing. Immediately I realised the box that is missing is Aladdin. Very creepy considering the recent events... but it seemed appropriate in a way.. Robin Williams is gone, but although he is gone - he will not be forgotten. He will live on in his work and the hearts of so many people he brought joy to. So, even though the Aladdin box isn't pictured here.. it doesn't mean I don't notice the spot where I wish it was..  just like I wish Robin Williams was still alive today.

Sorry for the long post and heartfelt mushiness.. anyway, I'm back! 

 Credits:
Outfit: Addie from Heffalumps
Hair: Lala - Blondes - from Truth
Necklace: Tagged Necklace (Cute) from Cute Poison
Ring: Kitty Ring from [tea.s]
Skin: Alice Natural from FreshFace
Teeth: OpenMouthPRO Basic and BabyTeeth Add on from PXL
Eyelashes: Eyelashes from Little Pixels
Nails: Sweet Treats Nails ToddleeDoo from Awwdorable
Pose: Preppy 1 - Preppy from .click.

Special thanks to Heffalumps and FreshFace




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio