Monday 29 September 2014

♥ Yeah, that's what I said ♥

Second post of the day and showing off an epic shirt and leggings combination from Little Nerds. The shirt has on it, "Yeah that's what I said" - hence the title of my post.. because I'm that original sometimes! Lol. 

So... it means so much to me when I get feedback on my blog or know that people actually read it.. I was contacted by someone just today who told me they always read my new posts and that made me feel all warm and fuzzy (you know who you are!) Thank you from the bottom of my heart.. sometimes I spend too much time comparing myself to other bloggers and thinking I'm not good enough or that nobody really reads what I write, so when I get confirmation that people actually do it is such a nice feeling and when I feel like giving up it's those moments that see me through. I had another person contact me a while back and she said she loves my blog and that contact was out of the blue too and much appreciated. Thank you to all the people who read my blog and for those who reach out to me, you are awesome ♥

Another topic came up in the same conversation today though.. and I thought I'd share what I said. I got asked how I pick what stores I blog.. so if anyone is interested, here's the low down. At first when I started I just bought and blogged things I liked.. or if I saw a store I liked was looking for bloggers I applied.. but as my blog gained more interest people have started approaching me and if I like the stuff they make I'll say yes. So, if any stores out there want to know how people get bloggers that's how.. I think it's really flattering when stores approach me and I much prefer it when they do that to be honest. We're all pretty friendly and I usually spread the love with my fellow bloggers too because I have been known to recommend others if they tell me they're looking for a few to represent their store.

I do really struggle with comparing myself to other bloggers though.. their style, their look, how popular they are.. and it can really eat away at me sometimes. I am like that in real life though.. I always feel not good enough and compare myself to others and over-analyse things. It can be really draining and get me down. I sometimes look at another blog and feel insignificant in comparison and want to just close my blog down and go cry.. but then I have to remember I'm not in competition with these people. I started blogging because I like it and I shouldn't let anyone make me feel inferior in any way.. when I started there were very few ToddleeDoo blogs.. and as more and more start coming out of the woodwork, I have to remember I have been blogging for way longer and have come a long way from my earlier posts. I like to think I offer something a little different too because I often ramble in my posts and it comes from the heart and yes, it might not always be sunshine and rainbows.. but it's real. 

 Credits:
Outfit: Yeah That's What I Said Outfit - TD from Little Nerds
Shoes: Tiny Tims - Charcoal from Snips & Snails
Hair: London to L.A: 7. Light Blondes from Exile (Old Arcade Item)
Necklace: Matte Black Chain (BEST) from AMAYA
Bracelet: Nautical Hand stamped bracelet - hold fast silver from .trinket.
Skin: Baby Mikki from Bad Seed Boutique
Teeth: OpenMouthPRO Basic and BabyTeeth Add on from PXL
Eyelashes: Eyelashes V2 from Little Pixels
Nails: Camo Nails ToddleeDoo from Awwdorable

Special thanks to Little Nerds and everyone who reads this



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio