Friday 14 November 2014

♥ My lullaby, hung out to dry.. ♥

Wow, third and last post of the day.. can't believe I've managed it despite still having a killer headache, but I refuse to let it stop me from doing things I love.. like blogging. It's put things I love on the back burner for too long already.. so.. uh.. I just found some random anti-biotics I had kicking around from the beginning of last year and took one, just in case my headaches are caused by some kind of infection. I know, I know, but I was desperate! Here's hoping they fix me.

Anyways, I love this pretty floral dress and tights set from Little Nerds, it's so girly and cute. It comes with both sizes of ToddleeDoo dresses and a HUD, of course, for the tights. I'm all over any excuse to be extra girly... it's funny because one minute I'm totally a tomboy with cuts and unisex clothing on and the next I'm cooing over something pink and frilly. I guess that's something that I enjoy, I don't have a set style and am willing to try out anything.. it's fun to play with looks. 

I love this song by Natalie Imbruglia (that I've linked to at the end of this post).. it was in my head while I took this picture and it reminds me of times past and the emotions I was feeling when I first encountered this song. Not necessarily good emotions, might I add.. but it does makes me remember the vulnerability I had at the time. It's good to stir up past emotions sometimes and songs can provoke memories and be quite powerful I find. 

A lot of songs I can tie to a particular event or moment in my life.. it's weird how that happens. It's like one song "Red Alert" by Basement Jaxx will forever remind me of being on a ride at a funfair terrified out of my mind. I was just a terrified 13 year old with 3 other friends of similar age and we were in this cage, rocking it back and forth trying to get it to go over the bar. Hard to explain how the ride was.. but it was terrifying that it was going to go upside down with us in it and that was the object of the ride.. to all push it to go over! My friends were all trying hard to make it go over, me being the wuss of the group didn't want it to.. so wasn't trying as hard. Anyways.. that song was blasting out at the time and now whenever I hear it I'm transported back into that cage (in my mind) and I re-live the terror all over again. -Shudders- It's a good tune though!

Right, I'm off to watch some more Netflix.. I think I've worked hard enough today and deserve a break. Thanks for reading my rambles, you all rock! ♥


Credits:
 Outfit: Little Flowers - Frilly Dress & Tights - TD from Little Nerds
Shoes: Vintage Shoes 01 from That's So {Kyoot}
Hair: [01] Beans from Magika
Necklace: Noir Cat Necklace from Izzie's
Skin: Baby Mikki from Bad Seed Boutique
Teeth: OpenMouthPRO Basic and BabyTeeth Add on from PXL
Eyelashes: Eyelashes V2 from Little Pixels
Nails: Cupcake Nails ToddleeDoo from Awwdorable
Pose: Innocence - Innocence 1 (m) from .click.

Special thanks to Little Nerds



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio