Thursday 26 September 2013

♥ We're all a bit mad here.. ♥

Finally went along to the Ren Fair over at Heritage today, my trial mummy went with me. I had been meaning to go for a while and somehow kept putting it off. Quite a few cute things over there though, but was really irked by the steep prices. There's one dress over there that I absolutely love but it's almost 400 lindens and to me for a Toddleedoo dress that's just too much. It is super pretty though, so you never know I might end up caving and going back and getting it. I did pick up two dresses while I was there though and they weren't cheap either. No doubt I shall blog them soon.

I think it's back to hitting sales again though because some of the creators out there are starting to get all kinds of greedy. I've noticed this a lot lately, not just on regular items.. if any of you buy full perm mesh, then you'll know already that some of the prices they're asking are absolutely ridiculous. Unless you're a well established creator with a big following, you are never going to make your money back on some of those! It's not just limited to kids full perm stuff either, the grownups are just as bad. I get that for limited meshes you will be expected to pay a bit more.. but seriously? So over it. I'm going to quit ranting now, because it's so not going to achieve anything.. although it did make me feel marginally better.. so maybe it was worth it.

Went looking for family roleplay places today.. my family and I stopped by at Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory. That was really disappointing. It had so much potential to be awesome and we all left feeling sorta empty. There was no Oompa Loompas.. there were, however, what I can only describe as short noobs. There was no boat taking you along the chocolate river.. and everything you touched, near enough, tried to get you to buy it for obscene prices. The blueberry bush tried to get me to buy it for over 1k! Even the shop part outside was severely lacking. Definitely not somewhere I enjoyed going to. We also went by some Dark Alice in Wonderland themed sim.. I was actually hoping to take a picture there for this blog post, but it was just too dark and any windlight setting I used to make it look brighter just made everything else look terrible. It was an okay place though, I'm sad that the Wonderland I used to go to has now gone (I went to try to take a picture there and discovered the land had been cleared.. -sigh-) 

So, anyway, speaking of Alice in Wonderland.. this is an adorable costume from Candii Kitten. I added an extra necklace to it to give it that extra thing I thought it was lacking, but overall I love this costume. It was a bargain too! Great detail, the crown is a super cute touch and the face tattoo is awesome. My trial mummy almost had a heart attack though as she initially thought I had cut my eye until she zoomed in closer only to realise it was face paint. Sorry to my trial mummy for the mini heart attack!


Credits:
Outfit: Princess of Hearts ToddleeDoo Costume from Candii Kitten
Necklace: P-p-p-panda necklace from ZoZo's (think its closed now)
Hair: Hair*139*Mocha from Love Soul
Nails: Glittery/Shiny Nails from *oh Daisies* 
Cheek Sparkles: Cheek Sparkles from *oh Daisies*
Pose: Modeling Pack 1 (pose 2) from Pixie Dust


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio